Thursday, May 13, 2010

Recipe of the Moment: Plum Tart Without Dough

This recipe came from French Women Don't Get Fat, and is another excellent example of fruit for dessert. I decided to try plums because that's what the original recipe called for, but you can also substitute apples, pears, or cherries


Ingredients
12 plums
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of sugar
1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of butter

Preparation
Wash the plums and quarter them. Pour the lemon juice over the plums and marinate for 10 minutes.

Mix the sugar with the cinnamon. Warm the butter in a non-stick frying pan and add the plums once melted. Sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar mixture.

Cook over low flame until tender, but not mushy.

Note: I used a bit more cinnamon and loved the effect.




2 comments:

  1. Maybe you should post some pictures of the results, because a lot of these, I try to envision what they look like, and they end up not looking good at all. LOL. Kind of a problem when I don't know what it *should* look like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, okay, I'll try taking some pictures of my creations, but I can't promise it'll look amazing! But of course it tastes great because I only post them when they're delicious. :-) Pictures tomorrow. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete