Thursday, April 26, 2012

Recipe of the Moment: Stuffed Bell Peppers

I'm not a vegetarian, but most of my meals are vegetarian. There are a few reasons for this. One being, of course, how disgusting most meat that's easily accessible in America is. I try not to eat that unless I have no choice. The other main reason is, of course, that meat is kind of gross to handle. It freaks me out. The end result is that there is very little meat prepared in my home.

My boyfriend, as I'm sure you can imagine, didn't take so kindly to this at first. He was happy to eat some of my vegetarian meals, as long as I would relent and throw some chicken or pork in every so often. But this recipe was the first one that really won him over and made him decide vegetarian meals were amazing.



I'll warn you now that it's not the best thing to look at, but trust me when I tell you that it is amazingly delicious. And very spicy!

Ingredients
2 bell peppers
1 red onion
5 tbsp yogurt
pack of feta cheese
goat cheese
Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup quinoa
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup of olives (can use more if you love olives!)
1 tbsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp dried thyme

Preparation
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cut bell peppers in half and remove the seeds. Place the bell peppers in an oven safe dish, hollow side down. Cover with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes.

Dice the red onion, olives, and garlic.

In a separate bowl, mix pack of feta cheese with the goat cheese. (I used about 1/4 cup of goat cheese, but use whatever amount you'd prefer.) Add the red onion, olives, and garlic, along with the thyme, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Mix well.

When bell peppers are removed from oven, fill with mixture and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

Bake for 30 minutes.

While cooking, begin quinoa. Follow directions according to package, or add double the amount of water to the amount of quinoa you're cooking. (For example, I cooked 1/2 cup quinoa, so I added 1 cup of water and cooked on the stove until the water evaporated.)

Serve and enjoy! We added a tomato and onion serving to this, and it was amazing! Can be cooked alongside the stuffed bell peppers with the same prep and cook time.

No comments:

Post a Comment