Sunday, May 2, 2010

Recipe of the Moment: Pea Soup

Because peas are in season, I really wanted to do something with them, and since soups are really easy, that's what I decided to go with. I found this recipe on Epicurious, and it's really simple. I sprinkled a little bit of gruyere on top, but I think something a little creamier would also be nice. This also really made me miss my Ninja. Maybe one day soon we'll be reunited...

Ingredients
2 medium shallots, chopped
1 boiling potato, peeled and chopped
1 pound frozen peas (3.5 cups, thawed)
1 tsp olive oil
3.5 cups water
pepper
gruyere

Preparation
Cook shallots in oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring until softened. Add potato and cook about 2 minutes. Add water and simmer covered until potato is soft, about 15 minutes. Add peas and simmer uncovered about 2 minutes.

Puree in small batches in a blender. Add cheese. Season with pepper.

Note: For creamier soup, you can add a second potato. If the soup itself is too thick for your liking, run it through a sieve.



No comments:

Post a Comment