Friday, July 13, 2012

Recipe of the Moment: Tomato and Avocado Salad

Picnicking for dinner!
This recipe developed because I had too many avocados and tomatoes and I wanted to make something up with them. 

The boyfriend and I were doing a picnic-for-dinner type of meal and I wanted something a little heartier. Plus, I wanted to use up my tomatoes and avocados.


I know this doesn't look like much, but it's delicious as a stand-alone side, though I'm sure you could use it on a sandwich or in a salad or something.

Ingredients
2 avocados, in chunks
4-5 tomatoes, in chunks
2 tsp paprika
1 clove of garlic
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried basil
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
salt 
pepper

Preparation
Cut up the tomatoes and avocados. Combine in a large bowl.

In a smaller container, combine the spices, oil, vinegar, and mustard and stir to make a dressing.

Pour the dressing on top of the food mixture and combine well. Salt and pepper to taste.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment