Sunday, April 18, 2010

Recipe of the Moment: Cheese-Roasted Broccoli

This recipe is dedicated with love to my good friend's recipe Paremsan-Roasted Broccoli. As with anything I do, I had to change things up a bit since I don't feel like buying the ingredients I don't have. I loved this recipe, and so did the people I'm staying with, so hopefully you will too!


Ingredients
1 head of broccoli
4 garlic cloves
2 handfuls of sliced almonds
1/3 cup freshly-grated cheese*
olive oil
1/2 lemon (juice only)
dash of salt
4 dashes of pepper

*Many cheese varieties can be used. I recommend Gruyere, Parmesan, Pecorino, Asiago, etc.

Preparation
Heat oven to 425 degrees.





 Cut the florets from the main stalk.











 Thinly slice the garlic.










 Place the broccoli in a pan in a single layer. Scatter the garlic on top of the broccoli.












 Drizzle olive oil over the broccoli and garlic (just eyeball it).













 Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the florets are browned.











 While waiting, thinly slice the almonds. 










 Once removed from oven, toss with more olive oil (I poured for about 2.5 seconds), almonds, lemon juice, cheese, and salt and pepper. Serve hot.
















No comments:

Post a Comment