Monday, June 28, 2010

Recipe of the Moment: Zucchini and Goat Cheese Frittata

I love goat cheese, and I love zucchini, so obviously this is one of the first recipes in The French Women Don't Get Fat Cookbook that I make. I had no idea what a frittata was, but I decided I would follow the directions as best I could. (Nope, I didn't even look it up, I just went with it!)

Ingredients

6 eggs
2 small unpeeled zucchini
2 tablespoons fresh thyme
1/2 cup goat cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup grated pecorino

Preparation
Preheat the broiler.








 Break the eggs into a bowl.



 











 Beat lightly with a fork.














 Add the zucchini, thyme, and goat cheese. Stir.









Heat the olive oil in a large, nonstick, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add the egg mixture and swirl the pan to even distribute. Tilt the pan slightly while lifting the edges with a spatula to let the egg run underneath for the first 1-2 minutes. Cook until the eggs are almost set, about 5 minutes.

 






 Cover the almost-set mixture with the pecorino and place the pan under the broiler for 1-3 minutes. The frittata will puff up and brown, and the cheese will melt.















Remove from the oven and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment